“Books have the unique ability both to entertain and to teach. They are at once a means of exploring realms beyond our personal experience through exposure to different authors, universes and cultures, and a means of accessing the deepest recesses of our inner selves.” Like this quote, all over world people are fighting with COVID-19 with #lockdown and staying at home. So books are their best friends to learn, to motivate and to know their inner self.
Books are a form of the written word which has been the oldest form of passing on information and keeping a record of it. Books are a good company, and readers have found knowledge, a perspective of life, and more from reading. Over the years, book readers have declined, and digital information has penetrated households. The dying breed of book lovers still gets a new lease of life when literary fests and other book events such as world book day are celebrated.
World Book Day, also known as World Book and Copyright Day, or International Day of the Book, is an annual event organized by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization to promote reading, publishing, and copyright. World book day has become a mission, volunteering to make sure that every child and a young person owns a book. It is a day where you get to celebrate authors, illustrators, and above all the books that make this day so special for all bibliophiles.
It is celebrated on the 23rd of April every year, and it is the 23rd year of celebrating books and more. You will find people of all ages appreciate reading and acknowledging the joy books give us. There is a happy and enthusiastic crowd who have come far and wide to explore the pleasures of books and be able to have a copy of their own as well.
The aim of the world book day is that all educational institutions would make their kids register to participate in this event and understand the value of reading. And why books are treasure troves of knowledge, and how we should always take up reading. Instilling the reading habit from a very young age will help inculcate better reading habits. The child will also learn to sit in one place and focus better on his energies.
The world book day arranges
- Packs of book tokens
- Age ranged resource book packs (from nursery to secondary school students)
- Activities and ideas related to books
- Display materials
- Other information regarding world book day
What Happens on World Book Day:
- There are official websites that give you information on the itinerary of the host of programs and activities that are conducted on World Book Day and how you can be a part of it along with other people.
- Several booksellers and publishers go out of their way to send book tokens in millions to young people and children. You can use these book tokens and go to your local bookseller and avail books from the various titles.
- You can avail these books in Braille, Large print and audio.
- It can be a regular book or audiobook.
- You can also get the downloadable resource packs which can be your Favorite books, Brands, Characters and Authors
The whole plot is to get kids to read and get them closer to the authors they have loved all along and discover others along the way. This kind of rendezvous for the kids and impressionable young people (under the age of 18) will create a lasting bond with the books. It would continue to be part of their future as well.
Many students are preparing at home fr upcoming examinations. Here, ADDA247 is also providing you books, E-books for many recruitment exam which can help you in getting success and achieve their goal.You can check out Adda247 books here : Click Here