Are you looking for the salary scale provided to UPTET Primary and Upper Primary teachers in UP? For selecting a government job in Uttar Pradesh, a candidate have to pass the UPTET exam as minimum eligibility criteria. The Uttar Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test (UP TET) 2021 is scheduled to be held in the month of March 2021. According to sources, the UPTET registration process will start tentatively in January 2021 while the exam is Tentative scheduled on 7th March 2021. The online application form link for UPTET 2021 exam will also be activated soon after the release of the notification. A teacher job with UPTET exam has give handsome salary along with many other perks to candidates. Every year thousands of candidates run to grab this opportunity due to the salary package it provides. In case, you are confused about the exam and opportunities, go through the below article and learn about the salary, pay scale and perks associated with this job profile.
Uttar Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test (UPTET) is a state-level eligibility test conducted every year for selecting teachers for the primary (Classes 1 to 5) and Upper Primary (Classes 6 to 8 ) level classes of government schools in UP. This is the best opportunity for the candidates who want to take their teaching career forward to higher levels in Uttar Pradesh. It is the mandatory test to qualify to get into the recruitment procedure for the post of teacher.
UPTET Pay Scale:
The Basic Salary provided includes pay band and grade up as per the 7th Pay Commission, therefore the basic UPTET salary is Rs. 9300-34800 with Grade Pay of Rs. 4200/- provided for primary teacher and Rs. 9300-34800 with Grade Pay of Rs. 4600/- provided for upper primary teacher. The in-hand salary differs from the location of the school i.e. rural and urban and the only difference comes in the house-rent allowance.
Salary Structure for UPTET Primary and Upper Primary teachers:
As UP Government has followed the salary structure of 7th Pay Commission and the government has passed the approval for increment in the pay scale of teachers. After the 7th Pay Commission, the pay scale for a primary teacher has increased to Rs. 35400 approx. and for upper primary teacher Rs. 40000.
|Salary Detail||Salary Structure -Primary Teacher||Salary Structure – Upper Primary Teacher|
|Pay Scale||Rs. 9300 to 35400||Rs. 9300 to 44900|
|Grade Pay||Rs 4200||Rs 4600|
|Pay Scale (as per 7th pay commission)||Rs. 9300-34800 with Grade Pay of Rs. 4200/-||Entry Scale : Rs. 9300-34800 with Grade Pay of Rs. 4600/-|
|House rent Allowances (HRA)||Rs 3240||Rs 4110|
|Dearness Allowances (DA)||12% of basic pay||12% of basic pay|
|Total Salary (approx)||Rs.37000 (approx.)||Rs 40000 to Rs 45000|
UPTET Teacher Job Profile
UPTET Teacher teaches at 2 level in schools i.e. 1st lever for the primary (Classes 1 to 5) and 2nd level for Upper primary (Classes 6 to 8 ) level classes of government schools in UP. Every teacher must be responsible for many factors. Some of the elements have given below:
- To focus and educate students on the entire syllabus and also follow the guidelines provided by National Curriculum Framework.
- Work on the lesson plans of the chapters and plan and oragnize extra curricular activities in the school.
- Make the students aware of the complete information of the syllabus, structure and their curriculum.
- They need to attend the teachers meeting regularly and also the training which will be provided by UP Education Board.
- Assignment, project work, team teaching and remedial teaching should be planned by teacher
- They also need to work over the weak part of the students so that they can build better in life.
- Developing student interest in art,craft, games, library etc.
Benefits for UPTET teacher:
Besides basic pay , the candidates selected for the post of a primary and upper primary teacher, they are provided with many other allowances and benefits to enjoy their salary. This includes House rent allowance, Dearness Allowance, medical facilities, travel allowance and many others.
Every month from the salary there is a deduction of GIS and TDS. Every month an amount of Rs 87 is deducted for Group Insurance Scheme and Rs. 500 to 1000 for Tax Deducted at Source. For the new joining TDS will not be deducted, it will be started after a certain period of completion of their services. Therefore, the new per month salary for a primary teacher could be calculated as
Basic Salary + DA + HRA – GIS – TDS= Rs 41000 (approx) per month
UPTET Teacher Salary is revised every year and there is an increment in the salary of the candidates for two times in the year, i.e. January and July. it depends on the candidate when they want the increment in their salary.
Stipend during training period:
In Uttar Pradesh, the pay scale provided to an Assistant teacher during their training period is Rs 7300 which will be increased to the pay scale for a permanent teacher after they complete their training period.
Growth of UPTET Teacher
Every job profile consists of progression after some months or years, according to the their job profile. So similarly, UPTET Primary and upper primary teachers also have some growth opportunities in the future which are given below:
- Headmaster in primary school: Now it comes to the promotion, so after putting complete efforts to the school, you become headmaster in the primary school. It is a crucial post that gets handled by a responsible and wise person.
- A senior teacher in upper primary school: After the headmaster, you become a senior teacher in the Upper primary school. The Upper primary teacher needs a high level of knowledge for teaching the students. For Upper primary teacher, he can promote to senior level Teacher with completing eligibility criteria.
- Principal in upper primary school: Thus, the last promotion stage is principal in the high primary school.
Notification for UPTET 2020 – 21
In case you find the salary appropriate of what you were dreaming, then hurry pack up your mind and start preparing for the exam heading in January 2021 (tentatively). The official notification will be released in November 2020. You have sufficient time to get yourself prepared for the UPTET exam and grab the opportunity of a better teaching career. The tentative dates have been discussed below:
|Online Application Form||December 2020|
|Admit Card||Notified later|
|UPTET Exam 2020-21||Notified later|
|Result declaration||Notified later|
Hope, this article has cleared your head for the confusion you were troubled with about the UPTET Salary and other benefits.
UPTET Exam FAQs
Q1.What are the number of attempts a candidate can avail for UPTET?
Ans. Till now there is no limit on number of attempts for appearing in UPTET.
Q2.What is the basic salary of UPTET teacher?
Ans. The basic salary of UPTET Primary teacher is Rs. 9300 to 35400 and for Upper primary Teacher is Rs. 9300 to 44900
Q3. What is the validity period of UPTET exam?
Ans. The validity period of UPTET exam is 5 yrs.
Q4. IS HRA & DA included in UP TET Salary?
Ans. Yes, HRA & DA included in UP TET Salary
Q5. Will the UPTET exam be conducted online or offline (OMR Based)?
Ans.The exam is offline in nature.
You can check salary for other posts:
- UGC NET Salary 2020 In-Hand, Jobs Promotion, Benefits
- DSSSB Teacher Salary 2020: PRT/TGT/PGT Post
- KVS 2020 Salary Structure : Check Now