The countdown for UGC NET aspirants as begun. As the time approaches, anxiety in all the aspirants is climbing high. Confusion is rolling all over, what did I miss? What else there is to learn? What are the important topics and all the previous year questions? What is the right way to maximize my score? All these thoughts must be puzzling your mind. What you need is a plan and some motivation to ride off this frightening time before the exam.
The date that has been declared for the online test at all centres is 24th September onwards i.e 24th, 25th 29th & 30th September, 1st, 7th, 9th, 17th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd October and 5th Of November 2020. Last few days are crucial, you have to be very cautious about how you distinguish preparation from stress. Students appearing for this exam are often worried and confused about its preparation
Last minute tips for UGC NET:
Analyze and learn from the past :
Whatever you scored, and however you performed in the last exam is going to help you a lot. Aspirants think that failure is a setback when it is just one more test drive through the rough roads. You already got the hang of the type of question asked and the time taken by each type of question. So that you can manage your time better this time.
Be wise and revise:
You must be getting new information from all around you. People trying to help you by pitching new unit and topics to ease your preparation are actually making it more challenging. Any new topic you try to feed your brain as a booster is going to jam it. So, whatever you have learned till now, trust it and revise it thoroughly.
Health should be the priority
You should try to get at least 8 hours of sleep every day to make the best use of your knowledge. Avoid pulling an all-nighter a day right before the examination for it affects your ability to concentrate during the examination. You can also try exercising for 15 minutes every morning because it gets the blood flowing. It resets your brain, increases blood flow to the brain and prepares you for critical thinking and retention.
Keep calm and give exam:
In the end, keep your confidence high and do not stress over the exam. The only thing that can save you is your revision and accuracy. Plan a smart strategy. Read every question carefully answer them within the allotted time. Eat well and don’t be the night owl. Rest and get enough sleep, especially in upcoming days.
UGC NET Time Table 2020:
|Dates of Examination||24th September 2020 Onwards.|
|Shift||First Shift||Second Shift|
|Timing of Examination||09.00 am- 12.00 pm||03:00 pm- 6:00 pm|
|Duration of Examination||03 hours|
|Entry into the Examination Centre||7.20 am – 8.30 am||1.20 pm -2.30 pm|
|Entry in the Examination Hall/Room||8.45 am- 9.00 am||2.45 pm- 3.00 pm|
|Test Commences||9.00 am||03:00 pm|
|Test Concludes||12.00 pm||6:00 pm|
UGC NET COVID-19 Instructions:
- Candidates need to maintain a space of at least 6 feet from each other at all the time. Queue manager / ropes and Floor Marks will be arranged outside the centre and follow the instructions provided by centre staff.
- Lab number will not be displayed outside the centre to avoid any crowding at any one place in any situation.
- Candidates will be required to sanitize hands by washing with soap and with Hand Sanitizer before entry in centre. Hand sanitizer will be available at various locations in the centre.
- Candidate should bring duly filled in Admit card as per instructions.
- Candidate will be offered a fresh 3 Ply mask before entry.
- The candidate will be required to remove the mask worn by him/ her from home, and use the mask provided at centre only.
- At time of entry, the filled in Undertaking on Admit Card, and body temperature (using Thermo Guns) will be checked and centre staff will guide you to respective labs after scanning bar code at Admit Card.
UGC NET 2020 Exam : Important Instruction
1. Take a print out of your admit card and original photo identity proof, photocopy of the ID proof. Please be on time because the organizers may be strict so try to reach on time, at least half an hour earlier before the mentioned time.
2. Follow your Strategy that you have prepared for yourself. Now, this is the time when you executed and performed in the best possible way in the exam hall.
3. Time management plays a very important role in your exam. Always keep a track of your time and no. of questions attempted. Managing time will be important for the exam, so do not waste your time in any particular questions. For checking your preparation and manage your time during an exam you have to practice more & more.
4. Speed and Accuracy-Keep these two words in mind. For any Competitive exam, Speed and Accuracy plays a very important role. You’ve to maintain both if any of it is not followed you might be caught in blunder. You can’t afford to do a blunder of such magnitude. If you feel that a particular question is taking more time than required, better leave it and move to the next question.
Remember there is No Negative marking so just relax & attempt each and every question. The most important things that work in an examination are accuracy. Try to give your 100%
Be confident in the work you did to prepare for the race. Take a look at your training logs to remind yourself that you’ve done everything possible to prepare. The race is the fun part where you get to see the hard work pay off. Enjoy it.