UGC NET 2020 Exam Shifts:
|Paper||Marks||Number of Questions (All Are Compulsory)||Duration (First Shift)||Duration (Second Shift)|
|I||100||50||03 hours (09:00 am to 12:00 pm)||03 hours (03:00 pm to 06:00 pm)|
UGC NET Exam Pattern:
(i) Mode of Examination: The Examination shall be conducted as a Computer Based Test (CBT) only. Wherever Online Examination has been used elsewhere in this booklet, it means CBT.
|Paper||Marks||Number of Questions||MCQ||Total duration|
|I||100||50||The questions will be generic in nature, intending to assess the teaching/ research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.||03 hours without any break.
All the questions will be compulsory.
|II||200||100||This will be based on the subject selected by the candidate.|
Highlights of the UGC NET 2020:
The Overall Level of the NTA UGC NET Exam on 25th September 2020 is Moderate in nature.
UGC NET Paper I :
|1||General English & Communications||Unseen Passage||Easy – Moderate|
|2||Reasoning||Alphabetical Series, Syllogism, Coding-Decoding, Assertion||Moderate|
|3||Mathematics||Simple Interest, Compound Interest, Profit & Loss, Number System||Easy – Moderate|
|4||People, Development and Environment||Environment based issues, Schemes||Easy|
|5||Teaching Aptitude & Higher Education System||Type of learning, Factor affecting Teaching, Classroom Environment||Easy – Moderate|
|6||Research Aptitude||Hypothesis, Case study, Position paper||Moderate|
|7||Computer (ICT)||Basic Computer, memory based questions||Easy|
|8||Subject Concerned (Psychology)||Statistics, Normal distribution curve, learning theory based, application based, ANOVA test, Expression & Emotions, Behaviorism, Psychologist Statement Based Questions||Moderate-Difficult|
Topics Asked In Today’s Exam:
- General English & Communication: Comprehension 5 Questions on Sustainable Marketing)
- Reasoning: Syllogism(1 Question), Coding-Decoding(1 Question), Alphabetical Series (2 Questions), Assertion and Statements (5-6 Questions), Reasoning Theoretical (3 Questions), Problem Based on Ages (1 Question)
- Mathematics: Data Interpretations(5 Ques), Percentage (1 Ques), S.I and C.I (2 Ques), Average (1 Ques)
- ICT(Computer): Question based on Binary number, Question based on File extension, ICT (3 Ques)
- Teaching Aptitude: Research aptitude(6 Ques), Match the following of Sampling method, Definition of Action Research, Question based on Ex-pacto method.
- Higher Education System: 2 Questions ;
Takshila declare by UNESCO as heritage site?
- People, Development and Environment: Question based on Ozone layer, Question on Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA), Climate (1 Question).