Candidates has always been confused about the eligibility criteria of KVS posts. For posts they are eligible ? Which subject they should choose for these posts? So here we are going to clear all the confusions and give you the detail eligibility criteria for all TGT posts:
Highlights of KVS TGT
|Full Form||Kendriya Vidhalya Sangthan|
|Oragnised by||Central Government under the Ministry of Human Resource Development.|
|Teaching Posts||Trained Graduate Teacher(TGT)|
|Selection Process||Written Exam + Interview|
|Age Limit||TGT -35 yrs|
TRAINED GRADUATE TEACHERS IN
- Social Studies
- Physical & Health Education
- Art Education
- Work Experience
(a) Four years integrated degree course Regional College of Education of NCERT with atleast 50% marks in the concerned subject as well as in the aggregate.
A Bachelor’s Degree of equivalent from a recongnised University with 50% marks or above in aggregate as well as in the concerned subject comprising the combination as under:
|(i)||TGT (Hindi)||Hindi as a Subject in all 3 yrs|
|(ii)||TGT (English)||English as a Subject in all 3 yrs|
|(iii)||TGT (Mathematics)||Bachelor Degree in Maths with any two of following subjects: Physics, Electronics, Computer Science, Statistics and Chemistry.|
|(iv)||TGT (Social Studies)||Any two subject amongst History/ Geography/ Economics/ Political Science out of which one must be History/Geography.|
|(v)||TGT (Science)||Botany, Zoology and Chemistry.|
(b) B.Ed. or equivalent from a recognized University.
(c) Competence to teach through English and Hindi/ concerned Regional Language.
(d)Passed in CTET paper-II
(e) Desirable Qualifications: Knowledge of Computer Application.
Detailed Eligibility Criteria:
All the Candidates applying for the TGT posts of should always ensure before applying that they fulfill the following criteria for being eligible to these posts:
- The candidate should have studied Maths in all three years of graduation with any two subjects out of Physics, Electronics, Computer Science, Statistics and Chemistry.
- Candidates who have Hons. degree in Maths subject should have studied Maths in all three years of graduation with atleast 50 % marks and any of two subjects i.e. Physics, Electronics, Computer Science, Statistics and Chemistry with atleast 50 % marks in each subject at graduation level and atleast 50 % marks in graduation.
- BA (Hons.) Maths and B.Sc(Hons.) in any subject other than Maths are not eligible for the post of TGT (Maths).
- The candidate should have studied Botany, Zoology and Chemistry during all the three years of study in graduation with atleast 50 % marks in each subject.
- In case of such Universities which provide for only two subjects in the final year of graduation, the candidates should have studied any of the two subjects out of Botany, Zoology and Chemistry in the final year of examination and all the three subjects, viz. Botany, Zoology and Chemistry in the first and second years of graduation.
- In case of Honours Degree in any of the above mentioned three subjects, the candidate must have studied other two subjects in the first and second year of the course.
- Candidate should also have secured 50% marks in aggregate individually in these subjects during all the years of study.
- Candidate should have secured atleast 50% marks in aggregate in the graduation degree also.
TGT (Social Studies)
- The candidate should have studied any two subjects out of the following:
(i) History with atleast 50% marks in aggregate and one subject out of Geography/Economics/Political Science with atleast 50% marks in aggregate and also atleast 50% marks in graduation,
(ii) Geography with 50% marks with History/Economics/Political Science with atleast 50% marks in aggregate and also atleast 50% marks in graduation.
- Geography/History should have been studied in all the years of graduation with atleast 50% marks.
- In case of Honours Degree in History, the candidate should have studied Geography/Economics/Political Science in first and/or second year of graduation with atleast 50% marks in History in aggregate and atleast 50% marks in other subject indicated above at graduation level and also atleast 50% marks in aggregate at graduation level.
- Similarly in case of Honours degree in Geography, the candidate should have studied History/Economics/Political Science in first and/or
TGT (English/ Hindi/Sanskrit):
The candidate should have studied English/Hindi/Sanskrit in all the years of graduation with atleast 50% marks in English/Hindi/Sanskrit for the posts of TGT (English/Hindi/Sanskrit) respectively and also atleast 50% marks in graduation.
More Details on KVS PRT:
- KVS PRT Salary: Check Other Allowances and Benefits
- KVS 2020: PRT Subject Concerned Syllabus Download PDF
- KVS PRT 2020 Exam: Subject Wise Tips and Strategy
MISCELLANEOUS CATEGORIES OF TRAINED GRADUATE TEACHERS :
|TGT (P & HE)||
Bachelor Degree in Physical Education or equivalent.
|TGT (AE)||1. Five years’ recognized Diploma in Drawing and Painting/ Sculpture/ Graphic Art
Equivalent recognized Degree
2. Working knowledge of Hindi & English.
Working knowledge of Computer Applications.
ELECTRICAL GADGETS AND ELECTRONICS:
(i) Three years Diploma after Higher Secondary in Electrical. Electronics Engineering from an institution recognized by State Govt./ Govt. of India. (The minimum qualification for admission to the Diploma Course should be atleast Higher Secondary).
Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering from a recognized University
Graduate in Electrical or Electronics Engineering from a recognized University
(ii). Working knowledge of Hindi and English.
|(i) One year practical experience in a recognized workshop institution/factory.
(ii) Knowledge of Computer Applications.
You May also like to read :