UGC NET exam Strategies
UGC NET (University Grant Commission – National Eligibility Test) is a biannual examination conducted by the National Testing Agency(NTA) in the months of June and December.This examination scrutinizes the eligibility of the aspirants for JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) & the Assistant professor or only for NET- Assistant Professor.
NTA has released the notification regarding the revised UGC NET 2020 June examination date which will be conducted from 16th to 18th September and 21st to 25th September 2020. The examination will be going to held in two slots each.
Examination Pattern UGC NET 2020 :
- UGC NET exam pattern 2020 comprises two papers
- UGC NET Paper I : Total Questions – 50 Questions, Total Marks – 100 marks
- UGC NET Paper-II : Total Questions -100 Questions, Total Marks – 200 marks
- Exam will be conducted in the same session, without any break.
- The Paper I is common for all the examines, and applicants can select the Paper-II for specialization from a list of almost 100 subjects.
- Exam nature : Bilingual (English and Hindi)
- Exam mode : Online
- UGC NET Paper I topics: Reasoning, numerical,computer and teaching ability
- UGC NET Paper II topics: Based on the subject chosen by the applicants.
- UGC NET Passing Criteria : 40% marks in Paper – I and II in each paper
Syllabus for the Paper – I
|Reasoning (Including Mathematics)||
|Information and Communication Technology (ICT)||
|Higher Education System: Governance, Polity, and Administration||
|People and Environment||
With the examination just a few months away, the candidates should have start preparing for the same, so that they can qualify with a good score. Also Candidates can view full UGC NET syllabus 2020 so that they can prepare according to that.
Here are a few suggestions that will help you formulate a smart strategy for the exam preparation
- Before you begin the preparation, it is important to be well-versed with the syllabus.
- Also, gather the study material, previous year papers, and mock tests that you can utilize during the preparation.
- Start your preparation by solving a few mock tests and analyzing them. This will help you in shortlisting your strong and weak subjects.
- There are 10 sub-sections in the Paper – I syllabus, you can start by tackling one subject section at a time.
- Assign a time limit to each sub-section and try sticking to that timeline.
- Try to learn short tricks, especially for solving aptitude questions. It will help improve your speed as well as save time during the exam.
- If you find any topic a bit difficult than the others, focus on understanding its concepts. Do not leave any topic during preparation.
- For instant revision, prepare short notes.
- Practice the previous year’s papers and the mock tests for better efficiency.You can also check ugc net result 2019 so that you can get the idea of examination cutoff and according to that you can prepare for that.
- Analyze the Sample tests after solving them to understand your strengths and weakness in the preparation.
- Do not overburden yourself. Take short breaks in between your study schedule.
- You can use diagrams and charts for an easier understanding of a concept.
- As there is no negative marking or sectional cutoff in the NTA NET examination, focus on maximizing your score by improving accuracy and speed.
- Take care of your health, try to eat well, and get proper sleep.
- Remember to maintain a positive attitude and focus on time management strategy.
Also we have explained detail Tips And Tricks to clear UGC NET to make you more confident, you can begin preparing for the examination. All the best!
You can also read here:
- What is the difference between UGC NET & CSIR UGC NET
- List Of Govt. Teaching Exams Postponed Due To Coronavirus
- Stay Home & Study Online With Adda247