Prime Minister Narendra Modi had addressed the nation on the coronavirus lockdown at 10:00 AM on 14th April on the last date of 21 day lockdown and had announced that the centre is finally extending the nationwide lockdown to fight coronavirus till 3rd May 2020 as India can’t allow the virus to spread more
The Prime Minister thanked the people for following the lockdown rules and says the sacrifices made by Indians in the last 21 days like disciplined soldiers has helped control the spread of coronavirus in India.
Chief Ministers of several states suggested the extension of Lockdown by two weeks.In India 10000+ people have been found infected till date and number is increasing with each day.More than 300 people have died in the course of 2-3 months due to COVID-19 .Many states including Punjab, Odisha, Telangana and Maharashtra have already extended restrictions till the end of the month.
Highlights of the PM speech:
- Lockdown is extended across India till may 3
- All districts, localities, states will be closely monitored till 20th April.States which will not let hotspots increase, they could be allowed to let some important activities resume, but with certain conditions,”
- PM Modi announces lockdown relaxations for daily wagers who have suffered a severe blow due to the lockdown. PM Modi announces relief for farmers ahead of the rabi crop harvest season.The government issue detailed guidelines regarding this tomorrow
- India took holistic & integrated approach to fight against COVID 19
PM Modi said that there was a significant economic cost that India had to pay for enforcing the 21-day lockdown.However, with proper precaution and social distancing have helped the country control the rise in cases.
PM Modi gave 7 important points that should be followed:
- Take proper care of the senior citizens or elder people of your house, problems.
- Lockdown and social distancing should be followed properly.
- To increase your immunity, use guidelines given by Ayush ministry
- Download Arogya Setu mobile app
- Help the poor and needy people by also maintaining social distancing.
- Respect all the Coronavirus ‘soldiers’ i.e. doctors, nurses, sanitation workers.
- Do not sack anyone in your company/businesses
TOTAL INFECTED PEOPLE ACROSS THE COUNTRY:
- Total Confirmed Cases – 10363
- Total No. of Death – 339