Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) has released recruitment notification regarding the Post Graduate Teacher under Science Stream in Group B of State Service for the Higher Secondary Schools functioning under ST & SC development Department. All the eligible candidate can apply online through official website from 24 Mar 2021.The recruitment of 139 Post Graduate Teachers has been sanctioned Government of Odisha and posts are temporary and likely to be made permanent. The candidate must speak, write and read Odia , and also must passed Middle English School Examination In Odia as a subject for OPSC Recruitment. All the candidates can check eligibility criteria, selection procedure, exam pattern which is given below :
Highlights of OPSC Post Graduate Recruitment
|Board||Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC)|
|Department||Higher Secondary Schools functioning under ST & SC development Department|
|Vacancies||Post Graduate Teacher under Science Stream in Group B|
|Opening Date||24 Mar 2021|
|End Date||23 Apr 2021|
- Starting date for Registration : 24 Mar 2021
- Last Date for Closing Date Of Online Application: 23 Apr 2021
- Last Date for finalization of Application : 30 Apr 2021
- Date of Examination : Will be updated Soon
|Sl. No.||Name of the Post||No. of Vacancies|
|1.||Physics||22 (6 – W)|
|2.||Chemistry||23 (7 – W)|
|3.||Zoology||14 (4 – W)|
|4.||Botany||11 (4 – W)|
|5.||Mathematics||21 (7 – W)|
|6.||Odia||27 (9 – W)|
|7.||English||21 (6 – W)|
|Total||139 (43 – W)|
Age Limit :
- Minimum – 21 yrs
- Maximum – 32 yrs
- SC/ST/SEBC/Women/Ex Servicemen Maximum age limit – 5 yrs relaxation
- PwD Maximum age limit – 10 yrs relaxation
- PwD Maximum belonging to SC/ST/SEBC age limit – 15 yrs relaxation
(A) Essential Qualification:
(i) A candidate must have a Master’s Degree in the subject concerned from a recognized University with at least 50% marks in aggregate;
Must have possessed two years integrated Post Graduate M.Sc. Course from Regional College of Education NCERT in the concerned subject with minimum 50% marks in aggregate
(ii) Have B.Ed. or equivalent degree recognized by the National Council for Teacher Education, New Delhi as equivalent with B.Ed. from a recognized University.
(B) Desirable Qualification:
Diploma or Degree in Computer Application is desirable qualification subject to production of certificate in support of above qualification obtained from a recognized University or College or Institution.
Pay Band of Rs. 44,900/- in Level -10
- General Category – Rs. 500/-
- SC/ST of Odisha and Pwd – No Fee
The selection procedure for the OPSC Post Graduate Recruitment will be basis on Written Examination and Viva Voice Test.
|2||Viva Voice Test||50|
Part A Examination Pattern
- Total Questions- 150
- Total Marks -150
- Total Part – 2 i.e. Part – A(Compulsory) and Part B – Concerned Subject
- Total Time – 3 hrs
- Question Type – MCQ
|Part – A (Compulsory)||General English||20||20|
|Part – B||Concerned Subject||100||100|
Part B Viva Voice Test
The merit list will be out after the result of written examination.
Place of Examination
The written examination will be held at Cuttack/Bhubaneswar/ Balasore/Berhampur/Sambalpur
How to Apply for OPSC Post Graduate Recruitment ?
Step 1: Fresh Candidates Register on OPSC official website i.e https://www.opsc.gov.in/.Candidates need to visit the official website of OPSC and click on the “Online Application for OPSC Post Graduate Recruitment” link. And fill all the required information.
Note: If you have already registered, click “Login” button, otherwise click on “New Registration” to register. You can use same mobile no. and e-mail ID for registration in both the papers separately.
Step 2: Application form has the following six sections.
(a) Personal Information
(b) Eligibility Criteria
(c) Educational Qualification
(e) Information Sheet
(f) Payment & Declaration
Step 3: Four sections from the beginning can be filled up one by one starting from (a) -> (b) -> (c) ->(d). However, after reaching section (d), one can again come back to “c”, “b” or “a” and update the
information already entered.
Step 4: After correctly entering all the required four sections, click the section “Information Sheet” so that whatever the data entered by you can be displayed on screen along with your photograph. Take a print out of the Information Sheet & check whether information entered by you is 100% correct or not.
Step 5: Enter all the mandatory fields and upload the required certificates/ documents/ photos in jpg/jpeg/.jpg/.png file within the specified size. Thereafter click ‘SUBMIT’ button to go to the next stage i.e. “Eligibility Criteria”.
Step 6: Enter all the required fields under “Eligibility Criteria” and ‘SUBMIT’ to go to the next stage i.e. “Educational Qualification”.
Step 7: Candidates can appear Post Graduate Recruitment and select concerned subject as per their eligibility. Then Upload photograph, thumb, signature
Step 8: The print of “Information Sheet” can be downloaded and wherever correction is required that can be effected in the application. In case information submitted by you as seen from “Information Sheet” is correct, click “Next Payment & Declaration” button to go for “Declaration & Payment”.
Step 9: Payment can be made through Axis Bank Easy Pay only in following three ways.
(i) Internet Banking (Online Mode)
(ii) Credit/ Debit Card (Online Mode)
(iii) Cash payment through bank challan (Offline mode)
For OFFLINE (Cash) payment, generate Pay in Slip which is the Bank Challan form. The cash payment has to be done through the nearest branch of Axis Bank.
For offline cases, the candidate has to log out after payment is made and wait maximum for about next 12 hours to submit the URN Number, because this Number has to be authenticated by the server as regard to whether payment has been made through the said URN Number or not.
Documents to be Attached with Application Form
Candidates those who are called for the Viva Voce test will be required to bring with them the hard copy of online application form along with copies of certificate, mark sheets etc. and originals of the same for verification prior to the date of Viva Voce test which will be notified later on in due course, failing which he/she shall not be allowed to appear at the Viva Voce test. The candidates are required to mention on copy of each document “Submitted by me” and put their full signature & date on the same.
- S.C. or equivalent certificate in support of declaration of age issued by the concerned Board /Council;
- Master’s Degree Certificate issued by recognised University in concerned subjects;
- Ed. or equivalent Degree recognized by the National Council for Teacher Education, New Delhi as equivalent with B.Ed. from recognized University;
- Diploma or Degree certificate in Computer Application, if any;
- Mark – sheets in support of Master’s Degree and B.Ed. issued by the concerned University;
- Document indicating the recognition of the B.Ed. Institution/College by the NCTE;
- Two recent passport size photographs (unsigned & unattested) which has been uploaded with Online Application Form.
- Caste Certificate by birth in support of claim as S.T./S.C. and S.E.B.C. whichever applicable.
- Required Odia Pass Certificate from the competent Authority;
- If a candidate claims to possess qualification, equivalent to the prescribed qualification, the rule/authority (With number and date) under which it is so treated, must be furnished with the printout/hardcopy of the online Application;
- Permanent Disability Certificate indicating percentage of permanent disability i.e. 40% and more);
- Ex – Servicemen are required to attach copy of Discharge Certificate issued by the Commanding Officer of the Unit last served. They must submit an affidavit undertaking that he/she has not been appointed against any civil post after retirement from military service, wherever applicable;
- No Objection Certificate from the competent authority in case of Government Servant;
- Any proof of identity.
For More details :
- OTET Exam 2021 : Check Syllabus, Eligibility Criteria & Exam Pattern
- OTET Syllabus 2021: Download OTET Syllabus And Exam Pattern For Paper 1 And 2