Savitribai Phule Pune University, the State Agency has released notice regarding the examination postponed of 36th MH SET .The SET examination conducted by Savitribai Phule Pune University for the states of Maharashtra and Goa was scheduled on 28th June, 2020 which has been postponed till further notice due to COVID-19 breakdown situation. MH SET Examination is the main eligibility examination for determining the eligibility of the candidates for the post of Assistant Professor in the Universities and Colleges of Maharashtra & Goa States.The revised examination date for MH-SET will be notified on their official website.
The application process of MH SET exam has been closed on 21 Jan 2020. MH-SET will be going to held in 32 subjects and on 15 examination centre across the states.he SET has going to be conducted in the subjects under the faculties of Arts, Science, Mental Moral and Social Sciences, Commerce, Law, Management, Education and Physical Education.
- The test will be consisting of two papers.
- Question Type: Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs).
- Total Marks : Paper 1 -100 + Paper 2 -200 =300 Marks
- Total Questions : Paper 1 -50+ Paper 2 -100 =150 Questions
- Exam Time : Paper 1 – 1 Hrs + Paper 2 -2 Hrs =3 Hrs
- Exam will be held in 2 sessions i.e. 1st Session : Paper 1 (Common for all) and Paper 2 (Subject Concerned)
- Marking : 2 marks for right answer
- Negative Marking : No negative Marking
|Session||Paper||Total Marks||Total Questions||Exam Duration||Timing|
|1st||Paper 1||100||50||1 Hour||10:00 A.M to 11:00 A.M|
|2nd||Paper 2||200||100||2 Hours||11.30 A.M to 1.30 P.M|
MHSET Examination Scheme:
Both papers will have 4 sets with 4 different Test Booklet Codes viz. A, B, C, D. Student has to ensure that the same Test Booklet Code is pre-printed and pre-shaded on the OMR sheet (Answer Sheet) of papers.
- Paper 1 -The questions which will be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
- Paper 2 – Subject Concerned. In Mathematical Science, a student has to attempt all questions (100) either from Sections I & II or from Sections I & III only.
MH SET Syllabus
The State Eligibility Test for Maharashtra & Goa states will be conducted based on syllabi of UGC.NET which have been available on the UGC website or you can download through below link :
MHSET Evaluation Scheme:
- Step 1: The candidates are required to obtain minimum passing marks in aggregate of all two papers i.e. Paper – I & Paper – II for eligibility for Assistant Professor as given below:
|Category||Minimum Passing Marks in Both Papers|
|OPEN(Other state candidates)/EWS/Orphan||40% Aggregate marks in all the two
papers taken together
|SC/ST/PH/VH(Disability 40% or more)/Trans-genders/ OBC/DT(A)(VJ)/NT(B)/NT(C)/
NT(D)/SBC/SEBC (Non Creamy Layer only)
|35% Aggregate marks in all the two
papers taken together
- Step 2 :The number of candidates to be qualified (total slots) for Eligibility for Assistant Professors shall be equal to 6% of the candidates appeared in both the papers of MHSET-2020.
- Step 3 : The merit list will be prepared subject-wise and category – wise using the aggregate marks of all the two papers.
- Step 4 : According to UGC’s directive, 6% of the appearing candidates are to be declared qualified for Eligibility for Assistant Professor only [Appearing means appeared in all two papers of SET]. The reservation policy prevalent in the State is to be used to compute the category-wise qualifying slots available for eligibility for Assistant Professor.
Re-Evaluation/Re-Checking of result:
There shall be no re-evaluation/re-checking of result.
MH SET FAQ
Q1. Can a candidate apply for same subject in MH SET exam which has been qualified by him earlier?
Ans. A candidate who has already qualified SET in a subject, will not be allowed to appear again for SET in the same subject. The candidates violating this rule will be liable for initiating legal action.
Q2. Where will be the MH SET exam held?
Ans. The examination centre of MH SET are 15 i.e.
Mumbai, Pune, Kolhapur, Solapur, Ahmednagar, Nasik, Dhule, Jalgaon, Aurangabad, Nanded, Amravati, Nagpur, Chandrapur, Gadchiroli, & Panaji (Goa).
Q3.What is the minimum eligibility criteria to qualify MH SET Exam?
Ans. The minimum eligibility criteria to qualify MH SET Exam is 40% Aggregate marks in the both papers taken together.
Q4. Are other state candidate can apply for MH SET ?
Ans. Yes, Other states candidates can apply for MH SET. The candidates of other States (other than Maharashtra & Goa) belonging to reserved categories shall be treated as Open category, as per the rules of the Maharashtra and Goa States.
Q5. When will be the MHSET examination held ?
Ans. The new examination date of will be released on official website.
You may also like to read :