KVS PRT Salary: Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan has released numerous opportunities every year for the aspirants who are looking forward to teaching in the government teaching profession. This year KVS will be going to fill around 9,000 teacher posts , out of which 2048 for PRT ,1693 for TGT and 926 for PGT posts and rest for the non teaching posts. If we talk about KVS PRT Salary, handsome package has been provided to the teachers who are working at KVS with various other benefits. KVS teaching job is a reputable government job which holds a good salary package along with many additional perks.
Here we are going to provide you details KVS PRT Salary and benefits of PRT Post in KVS schools. Everything about KVS PRT salary, in-hand salary package, allowances, growth, and promotions provided along with the job profile.
Highlights of KVS PRT
|Full Form||Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan|
|Oragnised by||Central Government under the Ministry of Human Resource Development.|
|Selection Process||Written Exam + Interview|
|Age Limit||PRT – 30 Yrs|
KVS PRT Salary Structure:
|Designation||PRT Group-B Teacher|
|Pay Scale||Rs. 9,300- 34,800|
|Grade Pay||Rs. 4200|
|KVS PRT Basic Salary||Rs. 35400|
|House Rent Allowance||8-24% of the basic salary|
|Dearness Allowance||17% of the basic salary|
|Transport Allowance||Rs. 1600|
|Net Salary (Approx)||Rs. 35000 to 37000|
As KVS comes under the functioning of Central Government, therefore all the criteria and eligibility pattern are set according to the norms and conditions of the central government. This article contains the pay scale and other allowances as defined under the 7th pay commission.
KVS City division:
KVS has divided its zones into three sections and the pay scale with other benefits varies according to this division criteria:
List of X, Y & Z cities:
|X (Population >= 50 Lakhs & above)||Bengaluru, Greater Mumbai, Pune, Hyderabad, Delhi, Ahmedabad, Chennai and Kolkata|
|Y (Population 5 to 50 Lakhs)||Amritsar, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Puducherry, Meerut, Ghaziabad, Raipur, Rajkot, Jamnagar, Bhavnagar, Moradabad, Thrissur, Malappuram, Kannur, Kollam, Gwalior, Indore, Bhopal, Jabalpur, Ujjain, Amravati, Nagpur, Aurangabad, Nashik, Bhiwandi, Solapur, Kolhapur, Vasai-Virar Cty, Vijayawada, Warangal, Greater Visakhapatnam, Guntur, Nellore, Guwahati, Patna, Hubli-Dharwad, Mangalore, Mysore, Gulbarga, Kozhikode, Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Ajmer, Salem, Tirupur, Coimbatore, Tiruchirappalli, Madurai, Erode, Dehradun, Chandigarh, Durg-Bhilai Nagar, Sangli, Cuttack, Bhubaneswar, Rourkela, Vadodara, Surat, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Srinagar, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Dhanbad, Ranchi, Bokaro Steel City, Belgaum, Malegaon, Nanded-Waghala, Aligarh, Agra, Bareilly, Lucknow, Kanpur, Allahabad, Gorakhpur, Varanasi, Saharanpur, Noida, Firozabad, Jhansi, Asansol, Siliguri, Durgapur|
|Z (Population < below 5 Lakhs)||All other remaining cities|
KVS PRT teacher In-hand Salary:
KVS PRT In-hand monthly salary includes adding an amount of basic Pay and other salary allowances including – House rent, variable pay, dearness allowance, city compensatory allowance, medical allowance, and many more. Depending on the city in which the candidate is posted the gross monthly salary of a PRT teacher can reach up to a total of Rs. 35000/-. The basic pay scale is the same in all divisions of the cities.
KVS PRT Teacher Salary Allowances and Benefits:
- House rent allowance: 8 to 24% of the total basic salary is defined as house rent allowance and this is included in the total pay scale of the monthly income of the PRT teacher. This percentage is fixed by the authority of KVS and varies according to the city division criteria. For cities falling in X section: HRA is 24% i.e. 8496, Y section: 16% i.e. 5664, Z section: 8% i.e. 2832
- Dearness allowance: A 17 per cent of dearness allowance which is approximate to Rs. 6018 is provided to the candidate upon its joining as the KVS PRT Teacher. The rate of inflation has an effect on the percentage of dearness allowance and increases when inflation decreases.
- Transport/travel Allowance: The PRT teachers are provided with a transport allowance depending on the cities they are working in.
- X cities: Rs. 3600
- Y cities: Rs. 1800
- Z cities: Rs. 900
- Additional benefits to a PRT Teacher: In addition to the above allowances and basic pay, some additional benefits are also added in the monthly gross salary of a KVS PRT which include vehicle finance, housing finance, maternity benefits (especially for women candidates) child education, and pension plans.
- Increment: Every year a minimum of 3% increment is provided by KVS to the currently working teachers which is a boost up for the teachers to perform well in their jobs.
- Prerequisite for retired teachers: The retired teacher will be provided with 24% of their current salary in the form of their pension until they live. Once they are dead their pension will be stopped.
The candidates who wants to enjoy this salary package and additional perks must begin their preparation for the KVS exams, however, you must go through the eligibility and age criteria before thinking for KVS PRT teaching posts.
You May also like to read :
- Which one you choose : KVS or NVS ?
- Which One Should You Choose – KVS Or DSSSB??
- KVS 2020: KVS Exam Notification, Syllabus, Exam Pattern