University of Mysore,Mysuru has released notification regarding the new examination date of Karnataka State Eligibility Test (KSET) – 2020 for Assistant Professor which has been postponed due to COVID-19 breakdown. KSET 2020 new exam date has been announced, and the exam will be conducted on 27th September 2020. All the candidates can check their examination pattern, exam scheme, admit card given below:
KSET Important Dates:
01st February 2020
Starting date of On-line Application process
03rd February 2020
Last date for submission of online application
06th March 2020
Last date for submission of online application with late fee of Rs.250/-
25th May 2020
New Date of Examination
27th September 2020
KSET Eligibility Criteria
1. Candidates who have secured at least 55% of marks (without rounding off) for general category and 50% for Schedule Category (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST),Persons with
Disability (PWD), OBCs [Cat-I, IIA, IIB, IIIA and IIIB], in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities / institutions recognized by UGC New Delhi, in the subjects opted for KSET.
2. Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s Degree (First or Second Semester) or equivalent course or candidates who have appeared for their Master’s Degree (Final Year)
examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted
provisionally and for those who clear the KSET, eligibility certificate will be issued only on production of proof for having passed the Master’s degree or equivalent examination
securing at least 55% marks (50% in case of SC,ST, OBC [Cat- I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB]and PWD candidates) within two years from the date of KSET result, failing which they will
be treated as disqualified.
3. Candidates shall appear for KSET in their relevant subject of their post-graduation only, in case the candidate did not find the subject of his/her post-graduation in the list of KSET
subjects, the candidate may appear in UGC-NET / UGC-CSIR NET which is held twice a year.
4. The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September, 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result), shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in SET.
- NET/SET/SLET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in Universities/Colleges/ Institutions. In this regard, exemption from NET/SET/SLET will be governed by UGC regulations and amendments notified in the Gazette of India for time to time.
- The candidates who have passed the UGC-NET/CSIR JRF examination prior to 1989 are also exempted from KSET examination.
- For SET candidates: The candidates who have cleared the States Eligibility Test (SET) accredited by UGC for eligibility for Assistant Professor held prior to 1st June 2002, are exempted from appearing in KSET, being eligible to apply for Assistant Professor anywhere in India.
There is no upper age limit to apply for KSET-2020.
KSET Examination Pattern:
- The test will be consisting of two papers.
- Question Type: Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs).
- Total Marks : Paper 1 -100 + Paper 2 -200 =300 Marks
- Total Questions : Paper 1 -50+ Paper 2 -100 =150 Questions
- Exam Time : Paper 1 – 1 Hrs + Paper 2 -2 Hrs =3 Hrs
- Exam will be held in 2 sessions i.e. 1st Session : Paper 1 (Common for all) and Paper 2 (Subject Concerned)
- Marking : 2 marks for right answer
|Session||Paper||Total Marks||Total Questions||Exam Duration||Timing|
|1st||Paper 1||100||50||1 Hour||9.30 A.M to 10.30 A.M|
|2nd||Paper 2||200||100||2 Hours||11.00 A.M to 1.00 P.M|
KSTET Examination Scheme:
- Paper 1 -The questions which will be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
- Paper 2 – Subject Concerned
KSET Syllabus :
The syllabus of KSET for both papers i.e. Paper 1 (Common for all) and Paper 2 (Subject Concerned) has been available on KSET official website.
KSET Evaluation Scheme:
- Step 1: The candidates are required to obtain minimum passing marks in aggregate of all two papers i.e. Paper – I & Paper – II for eligibility for Assistant Professor as given below:
|Category||Minimum Passing Marks in Both Papers|
|General||40% Aggregate marks in all the two
papers taken together
|SC / ST/ CAT-I / II A/ II B /III A/III B/Pwd||35% Aggregate marks in all the two
papers taken together
- Step 2 :The number of candidates to be qualified (total slots) for Eligibility for Assistant
Professors shall be equal to 6% of the candidates appeared in both the papers of KSET-2020.
- Step 3 : The merit list will be prepared subject-wise and category – wise using the
aggregate marks of all the two papers.
- Step 4 : According to UGC’s directive, 6% of the appearing candidates are to be declared qualified for Eligibility for Assistant Professor only [Appearing means appeared in all two papers of SET]. The reservation policy prevalent in the State is to be used to compute the category-wise qualifying slots available for eligibility for Assistant Professor.
Important Instructions :
- In case their ineligibility is detected due to invalid certificate by the KSET agency at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled without prior notice and they shall be liable for legal action.
- The candidates of other states except Karnataka, belonging to OBCs (SC, ST & Other Backward Classes) categories shall be treated as General Merit [GM] only. As per the reservation policy of Karnataka Government.
- Candidate who became eligible in Previous KSETs are not eligible to apply again in the same subject.
- Candidates with post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/Institute or foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the foreign University/ Institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree/certificate with Master’s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi
Q1. If candidate forget his password,then how to login in his account?
Ans. On home page the candidate can click on “Forgot password? Click here” and set your news password by entering required information (Email address, Date of birth and other details provided at the time of registration).
Q2. Can candidate apply again with different email id when her/his information filled online is wrong?
Ans. The candidate can apply through only one e-mail address and one Mobile Number
Q3.Can the candidate make changes after submitting the application form ?
Ans. No changes can be done after final submission of application.
Q4. If a candidate is having problem in filling profile details, uploading photo, filling KSET details or apply for KSET, then how can he/she fill the form ?
Ans. Check your internet status and retry. Maybe your internet is not working properly.
Q5. When will be the KSET examination held ?
Ans. The new examination date of KSET is 27th September 2020.
You may also like to read :