| International Yoga Day 2021|
International Yoga Day (IYD) is being celebrated across the globe on 21st of June. Yoga is a 5,000-year-old tradition from India that combines physical, mental and spiritual pursuits to achieve harmony of the body and mind. The beginnings of Yoga were developed by the Indus-Sarasvati civilization in Northern India over 5,000 years ago. The word yoga was first mentioned in the oldest sacred texts, the Rig Veda. In the late 1800s and early 1900s, yoga masters began to travel to the West, attracting attention and followers. This began at the 1893 Parliament of Religions in Chicago when Swami Vivekananda wowed the attendees with his lectures on yoga and the universality of the world’s religions. In the 1920s and 30s, Hatha Yoga was strongly promoted in India with the work of T. Krishnamacharya, Swami Sivananda and other yogis practising Hatha Yoga. Krishnamacharya opened the first Hatha Yoga school in Mysore in 1924.
The IYD was declared to be organized on 21st of June because it is the Summer Solstice and is the longest day of the year in the Northern Hemisphere and has special significance in many parts of the world. The theme for Yoga Day 2021 is “Yoga for well-being’.” Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the world is facing a huge crisis and people are restricted to their homes to contain the spread of the novel COVID19
As a student, it becomes important for you all to have mental peace and a well-coordinated brain to work with more concentration and efficiency. Yoga can play a very vital role in achieving this feat. You must take out half an hour time in the morning to perform Yoga (preferably at peaceful and open spaces like Park, Garden, or rooftop).
- Yoga will not only help you in staying away from different kind of diseases but also will strengthen your brain and improve concentration power.
- Students take so much mental stress during the course of preparation, so with the help of Yoga they can release mental stress and become mentally alert.
- Yoga will boost your concentration and retainability power which will surely help you in preparations and daily life as well.
We have enlisted few Asanas important for building concentration and memory power which are
- Tadasana (Mountain Pose),
- Vrikshasana (Tree Pose)
- Garudasana (Eagle Pose). The Yogasanas will help you in improving your body flexibility and body awareness.
So, its an advice from our Adda247 Team that please take out half an hour time in a day for yourself to perform yoga.
You may also like to read :