Dear Readers, we are providing to you Word List from The Newspaper to improve your word power. It will help you to enhance your word power as well as you can understand the correct usage of the word. Your reading habit can make all the difference. If you are not able to read a newspaper for Teaching Exam. We will post important words every day from the editorial section.
Meaning: steal (things of little value).
Synonym: snatch, embezzle
Sentence: “she produced the handful of coins she had managed to pilfer”
- Meaning: the time at which something is most powerful or successful.
- Synonym: highest point, high point, crowning point, height,
- Antonym: nadir, bottom
- Sentence:”the king was at the zenith of his power”
- Meaning: so lacking in originality as to be obvious and boring.
- Synonym: trite, hackneyed, clichéd,
- Antonym: original
- Sentence:”songs with banal, repeated words”
- Meaning: deserving or causing public disgrace or shame.
- Synonym: humiliating, undignified, embarrassing,
- Antonym: glorious, admirable
- Sentence: “no other party risked ignominious defeat
- Meaning: go about in search of things to steal or people to attack., raid and plunder (a place).
- Synonym: plunder, go looting
- Antonym: Guard, protect
- Sentence: “bands of robbers crossed the river to maraud
- Meaning: outstandingly bad; shocking, remarkably good.
- Synonym: atrocious, deplorable
- Sentence: “egregious abuses of copyright”
- Meaning: bitterness or ill feeling.
- Synonym: ill feeling, ill will, bad blood, animosity, hostility, enmity,
- Antonym: goodwill
- Sentence:”the AGM dissolved into acrimony”
- Meaning: absorb or assimilate (ideas or knowledge).
- Synonym: assimilate, absorb, soak up, take in, digest
- Antonym: abstain, fast
- Sentence:”if one does not imbibe the culture one cannot succeed”
- Meaning: a proverb or short statement expressing a general truth.
- Synonym: saying, maxim, axiom, proverb,
- Sentence: “the old adage ‘out of sight out of mind’”
- Meaning: miscellaneous articles, especially the equipment needed for a particular activity.
- Synonym: equipment, stuff, things, apparatus,
- Antonym: immovables,
- Sentence: “drills, saws, and other paraphernalia necessary for home improvements”