PM Modi again addressed nation on the last day of COVID-19 lockdown and announced second phase of the lockdown till 3rd May 2020 for all Indians. Government also released guidelines for people under the pandemic situation and for people safety. Here we are explaining the dos and dont things for people under COVID-19 Lockdown.
Almost all economic activities had come to a halt because of the nationwide lockdown. The government is now slowly allowing specific industries that don’t need a large labour force to function from April 20 onwards. These measures were employed in keeping up with the interests of daily wage workers and farmers.
The list of activities that can not be pursued is
- Travel by air, road, and rail
- No educational and training institution will be operational.
- No industrial and commercial businesses can be functional.
- Other hospitality services cannot be operational such as
- Cinema halls
- Shopping malls
- No political, social, cultural, religious events to be held.
- No congregation of people whatsoever even for religious purposes is allowed.
Relaxations on the above will be made after assessing the situations and monitoring the performance of each block or district.
Mandatory Operating Places:
With adequate safeguards and mandatory standard operating protocols in place
- Agricultural related activities will be functional
- Rural economy functions concerning daily wage earners
- Select industrial activities concerning the labour force
- There will be movement of cargo which use railways, aeroplanes, ships, etc. and other facilities that are related to them. They will be allowed to carry relief material, evacuation of people if necessary, goods, and parcels.
- Land ports and cross-land transportation such as trucks and other goods carriers will be allowed if they have a valid license to pick or deliver goods.
- Truck repair outlets and dhabas can operate provided they follow the minimum distance protocols.
- Allowing labour and staff to ply to their places of work, which are essential for the transportation and operations of the airways, railways, and other carriers to function in a streamlined fashion. They would be given passes, and the authorization will validate how many of them can be there at one point in time.
- Farmers can begin working on their land with the help of minimum farmhands.
- There can be the procurement of the agricultural products, and direct marketing operations can be conducted
- Farm equipment and repair shops are to be operational
Also Government allowed for the fertilizers, pesticides and seeds sales
- Fisheries have been approved for
- Feeding and maintenance
- Cold chain
- Sale and marketing
- Plantations of tea, coffee, and rubber plantation can operate with 50% of workers. They could also
These products with half of the labour force.
- Animal husbandry has been allowed to
Milk and other products
- The working of commercial and private establishments such as (only 50% labour force)
- IT and IT-enabled services
- Data and call centres ( for government activities)
- Government-approved common service centres
- E-commerce companies
- Courier services
- Cold storage and warehousing
- Private security services and housekeeping services of facilities
- Homestays, hotels, lodges, and motels that are accommodating tourists during the lockdown
- Medical and emergency staff ( full force required)
- Self-employed persons like electricians, plumbers, etc. can carry out operations
- Rural employment and MNREGA work projects will be taken up and other operations to improve the rural economy
- manufacturing and industrial establishments that come under the SEZ, EoUs, industrial townships, and industrial estates can operate after social distancing, and other protocols can be followed. Essential goods to be manufactured, such as coal, mineral, and oil production are permitted. Functioning of banks and ATMs along with the financial markets to provide liquidity in the economy and credit support to the industrial sectors for renewed operations after lockdown.
- All health services are also allowed to function with the central and state government, along with local bodies, will operate as per guidelines.
Guidelines for the people in lockdown 2.0
- The people still have to follow social distancing even when out on an emergency
- Inter-state movement is still restricted till May 3
- Only people with distress with conditions applied are allowed to venture out
Finally, all the people have to wear masks and follow the guidelines during the second phase of the nationwide lockdown due to the COVID-19 outbreak.