1.Most of the weather phenomena take place in the
2.Shimla is cooler than Amritsar although boils are on the same latitude. This is because
(a) Shimla is further north.
(b) Shimla is at a greater height above sea level than Amritsar.
(c) Shimla is farther from the equator.
(d) Their longitudes differ.
3.Which of the following countries are influenced by the trade winds?
(a) Florida, West Indies and Central America
(b) East Coast of Mexico, Guyana, Brazil and East Africa
(c) Madagascar or Malagasy
(d) All the above
4.The lowest ever temperature was recorded in
5.Roaring Forties is/are:
(a) one of the major water currents of the Atlantic Ocean
(b) westerly winds
(c) the biggest and most dangerous river of the U.S.S.R.
(d) the name given to the biggest waterfalls in the world
6. Which one among the following is blind (Extremely poor eyesight)
(c) Flying squirrel
(d) Slow horis
7. In which one of the following animals, is skin a respiratory organ?
8. Which one of the following carries out the function in human being similar to the one which malpighian tubules perform in cockroach and other insects?
(d) Reproductive organs
9. Which among the following is the largest phylum in the animal kingdom in respect of number of species ?
10. Which one of the following statements is not correct?
(a) In the animal of phylum Porifera, called sponges, the reproduction is only a sexual by budding
(b) Many forms of Coelenterata possess a hard exoskeleton of lime to form corals
(c) Animals of phylum Annelida occur in moist soil, fresh water and sea
(d) In the animals of Phylum Echinodermata body surface is covered allover by calcareous spines