The Environment studies is a multi-disciplinary science comprising of various branches of studies like chemistry, physical science, life science, agriculture, health, sanitary engineering etc. Environmental Studies may be an interesting subject having 30 questions in REET& DSSSB Exams. It is advised is to study the NCERT books from class 1 to 8 of to prepare well for CTET Exam. The current article will give few introductory points on Environmental Studies related topic followed by interesting facts of the same.
THINGS WE DO
The word ‘profession’ means that it is a paid occupation any type of job/work that needs training or particular skills. Profession provides income and source of livelihood.
Different kinds of Professions:
|A mechanic||Repairs the motorcycles and cars etc.|
|A blacksmith||Molds iron implements.|
|A cobbler||Repairs shoes and other related commodities.|
|An engineer||Builds houses, apartments and shopping complexes, algorithm, computer programme.|
|A doctor||Treats the patients.|
|A laborer||Performs work and gives his labor.|
|A postman||Receives and dispatches the postcards.|
|A teacher||Teaches in the school.|
|A vegetables and fruit seller||Sales vegetables and fruits.|
|A shopkeeper||Sales various daily used commodities.|
|Potter||Make pottery and earthen utensils.|
|Washer man||Washes clothes and works in laundry.|
|Who explores space, do research in space science.
Who teaches in colleges.
|Farmer||Cultivation and animal husbandry.|
|Miner||Who do mining and its related work.|
|Goldsmith||Who make ornaments of golds.|
|Pilot||Who flies plane.|
• Agriculture is the practice of farming, including cultivation of the soil for growing crop and rearing animals for food, wool etc.
• Large section of Indian population is dependent on agriculture for employment. Agriculture provides food to all the country men.
• For proper farming, it is important that good variety of seed is given to farmers, proper irrigation facilities should be provided, use of organic manure should be promoted new instrument and technique should be made available to farmers.
• Use of chemicals and fertilizer should be reduced as they cause pollution, inter-cropping or mixed cropping should be promoted because, such cropping can replenish the soil with nutrients and help in retaining nutrient in the soil.
• Mono-cropping and excessive use of fertilizer makes the soil barren.
• To get better yield of milk, meat and wool, breeding of domesticated animals should be done with superior trait animals.
Famous Sports and Sports Person:
|Sports||Famous Sports Person|
|Hockey||Major Dhyan Chand|
|Cricket||Sachin Tendulkar, M. S. Dhoni, Virat Kohli|
|Badminton||Gopi Chand, Sania Nehwal, PV Sindhu|
|Lawn Tennis||Mahesh Bhupati, Lender Paes, Sania Mirza|
|Wrestling||Shushil Kumar, Yogeshwar Dutt, Sakshi Mailk|
|Boxing||MC Marykom, Vijendra Singh|
|Weight lifting||Karnam Malleshwari|
Note: Karnam Malleshwari: Karnam Malleshwari is a weight lifter, she lives in Andhra Pradesh and her father is a constable. She started lifting weight when she was only 12. She even lifted a weight of 130 kilograms. Karnam has won 29 medals in an international event.
• It is a performance art comprises of selected human movement.
• Dance has aesthetic, symbolic value and it is a part of culture.
• Dances are source of entertainment, and are performed for celebrating festivals, events of climate etc.
Different kinds of Dances in India:
|Bharatnatyam||Tamil Nadu||Kuchipudi||Andhra Pradesh|
|Garba||Gujarat||Tamashar and Lavani||Maharashtra|
|Bhangra and Giddha||Punjab||Bihu||Assam|
|Cheraw Dance||Mizoram||Ghumar and Kalbeliya||Rajasthan|
|Rauf and Damili||Jammu and Kashmir||Phag, Swaang and Dhap||Haryana|
3. Festivals in India:
• A festival is an event ordinarily celebrated by a community and centering on some characteristics aspect of that community and its religion or traditions often marked as a local or national holiday.
Specific Festivals of Specific Region in India:
|Pongal||Tamil Nadu||Durga Puja||West Bengal|
|Losar||Sikkim and Arunachal Pradesh||Ugadi||Andra Pradesh|
Now Answer The Following Questions:
Q1. Mohiniattayam is a dance form of –
Q2. Mekhela Chadar is the dress of which state?
(a) North India
(b) Himachal Pradesh
Q3. Losar is famous festival of which state?
(a) Andhra Pradesh
(c) West Bengal
Q4. Production of silk and rearing of silkworms is known as –
Q5. Karnam Malleshwari is a famous name belongs to which of the following sports?
(a) Woman’s cricket
Practice REET Subject wise Quiz
- Practice REET Previous Year Hindi Language Quiz For REET Exam Here
- Practice REET Previous Year English Language Quiz For REET Exam Here
- Practice REET Previous Year Child Development Quiz For REET Exam Here
- Practice REET Previous Year EVS Quiz For REET Exam Here
- Practice REET Previous Year Maths Quiz For REET Exam Here
Sol. Mohiniattayam is a dance form of Kerala
Dance of Manipur is Manipuri
Dance of Orissa is Odissi
Dance of Gujarat is Garba
Sol. Mekhela Sador is the indigenous traditional Assamese dress, very similar to other traditional dresses of Southeast Asia worn by women of all ages except children. There are two main pieces of cloth that are draped around the body. The bottom portion, draped from the waist downwards, is called the mekhela. The top portion of the two-piece dress, called the chador.
Sol. Losar is a festival in Tibetan Buddhism and is also celebrated in Sikkim and Arunachal Pradesh. Durga puja is famous festival of Kolkata. Chhat puja is celebrated in Bihar.
Sol. Sericulture: Production of silk and rearing of silkworms.
Horticulture: Agriculture of fruits, flower and vegetables.
Apiculture: breeding bees for their honey.
Floriculture: cultivation of flowers.
Arboriculture: Agriculture of trees and shrubs.
Vermiculture: rearing of earthworms
Pisciculture: Breeding of fish
Sol. Different personalities are famous for playing different sports at National and International level. Karnam Malleshwari is a weightlifter who lives in Andhra Pradesh. She started lifting weight when she was only 12 years of age. MC Mary Kom is famous for boxing whereas PT Usha is a renowned name in Athletics.
You May Also like to Read: