DSSSB Maths Exam: One aspect/section of the entrance exam that every student fears are MATHEMATICS or Math Phobia. Mostly, students think of math as an extremely tough subject that they cannot master. This negative attitude stops them from focusing on the subject & its problem which they are trying to solve. If you are also facing difficulty while studying mathematics; follow these simple and effective Math Study Tips.
DSSSB Maths Important Topic
DSSSB TGT PGT Exam is already going on these days. It’s ideal to start practising right from day 1. Here we are sharing the list of important topics asked from the maths sections in the DSSSB Exam
Topic-wise mathematics syllabus
Here you will get to know the areas of mathematics that you will find in the actual question paper and how much time to devote to each topic ideally to get the best results. We have prepared a topic-wise in-depth analysis of the mathematics section for your reference.
|Topics||Time duration for learning the concept and solving questions||Time duration for the revision of formulas and numerical practice|
|Fractions and Decimals||2-2.5 hours||15 minutes|
|Profit and Loss, Discount||1-2 hours||10-15 minutes|
|Simple Interest and Compound Interest||1 -1.5hour||10-15 minutes|
|Mensuration||3-4 hours (focus on formulas)||20-25 minutes|
|Time and Work||2-3 hours (solve diverse problems)||20 minutes|
|Time, Speed, and Distance||3 hours (solve diverse problems)||25 minutes|
|Ratio and Proportion||1-1.5 hours||10-15 minutes|
|Percentages||1 hour||10 minutes|
|Data Interpretation||4 hours (practice all types of data sets)||20 minutes|
The above section-wise break-up is not exhaustive, and preparation time depends a great deal on your familiarity with these topics. This is the minimum time you should devote to these topics to crack almost every question in the exam.
Before Entrance Exam
● When you make your study plans, make sure you schedule the maths topics for when you can concentrate the most. Meaning, if you can concentrate the most in the morning, then prepare the maths exam sections in the morning. But, if you prefer to study late at night, then pick maths portions then.
● Ensure your basics are clear. This should be your every student’s first step. Revise all the formulas, theorems, concepts. You never know which formula you might need to use to solve a particular question in the exam.
● Whenever you are stuck on a maths question, ask for help. It is better to seek guidance from somebody who can help you, than stressing and obsessing over a single question. Let’s not discuss the time and energy you will waste.
● Try solving previous year’s entrance exam papers. This is one of the most helpful tricks for exams with major portions based on mathematics.
General Mistake To Avoid While Attempting Maths Questions
1. Not Reading Questions Completely: In the Maths section, most of the time students don’t read questions clearly and end up making mistakes. This approach can lead to frustration even after solving the question methodically. Therefore, read the question twice before you go ahead and start solving.
2. Avoid Risky Shortcuts: Avoid any shortcuts while attempting the maths problem. If you have practiced a particular shortcut or trick during your preparation, then go ahead. But, if you have just read some shortcut somewhere then please avoid it as you do not know the conditions in which this particular shortcut can be applied.
3. Guess Work: Negative marking is the main point to be kept in mind as far as competitive exams are concerned. Guesswork during the exam only leads to a negative impact on your overall score.
4. Practice one approach multiple times: If we are talking about the Maths subject, Practice is the key component for maths preparation. Try to adapt one method multiple times to solve a particular question than to learn multiple methods
5.Topic-Wise Quiz on Maths Section: Attempt daily Maths Quiz on Adda247 App will be able to master the quant section soon. You should always remember that practice makes a man perfect and nobody gets everything right all the time
You may also like to read this: