Q1. Which one of the following regions of India is now regarded as an ‘ecological hot spot’?
(a) Western Himalayas
(b) Eastern Himalayas
(c) Western Ghats
(d) Eastern Ghats
Q2. ‘Saddle Peak’ The highest peak of Andaman and Nicobar Island is located in –
(a) Great Nicobar
(b) Middle Andaman
(c) Little Andaman
(d) North Andaman
Q3. When it is noon 82°30’E longitude, along what degree of longitude it will be 6:30 a.m.?
(a) Along 165°E
(b) Along 67°30’W
(c) 0°E or W
(d) Along 82°30’ W
Q4. The palaeomagnetic results obtained from India indicate that in the past, the Indian landmass has moved-
Q5. Consider the following statements regarding the earthquakes-
(1) The intensity of earthquake is measured on Mercalli scale.
(2) The magnitude of an earthquake is a measure of energy released.
(3) Earthquakes magnitudes are based on direct measurements of amplitudes of seismic waves.
(4) In the Richter scale, each other whole number demonstrates a hundred fold increases in the amount of energy released.
Which of these statements are correct?
(a) 1, 2 and 4
(b) 2, 3 and 4
(c) 1 and 4
(d) 1 and 3
Q6. India’s permanent research station Dakshin Gangotri is situated in the –
(a) Great Himalayas
(b) Indian Ocean
(d) Arabian Sea
Q7. The shortest distance between two places on the globe is along-
(a) 45°N. Latitude
(b) 45°S. Latitude
(c) Prime Meridian
(d) International Date Line
Q8. Globe is the true model of
Q9. GPS stands for
(a)Globe Position System
(b)Global Positioning System
(c)Geological Position System
(d)Geographical Positioning System
You may also like to read :
- Get Free Study Material For UPTET 2019: Click here
- Get Free Study Material For CTET 2019: Click here
- Plan Your Success with CTET 2019 Study Plan: Start Now
- CTET 2019: CTET Exam Notification, Syllabus, Exam Pattern