CTET Exam Selection Process: CTET is central level teaching qualifying examination for students who want to adapt teaching profession as their career. Central Board Of Secondary Education (CBSE), Delhi has conduct Central Teacher Eligibility Test(CTET) every year. CTET is basically qualifying examination in nature. After qualifying CTET exam, candidates can apply in various teaching exams like KVS, DSSSB, APS, NVS etc.
A candidate can qualify CTET Examination with scoring 60 % or more marks. As CTET Exam date has been schedule on 31st Jan 2021 , all candidates have more time to prepare for CTET 2020 examination. It demands proper sitting and well-planned strategy to qualify CTET Exam. To become a teacher in Government or Private Sector, All candidates need to clear further teaching exams like KVS, DSSSB with CTET.
Here, we are providing you with the facts related to validity of the certificate, selection process.
CTET Selection Process 2020: Highlights
|Exam Name||CTET (Central Teacher Eligibility Test)|
|Exam Frequency||Twice a year|
|Exam Duration||150 minutes|
|Language||English and Hindi|
CTET Selection Process 2020
Here, some general rules to be eligible for CTET Exam is listed below.
- Candidates have to qualify CTET written exam.
- To qualify the written exam, candidates should score a minimum of 60% or above.
- Candidates must also meet the minimum eligibility criteria on the basis of qualifying the CTET paper.
- Persons belonging to SC/ST, OBC, differently-abled persons, etc. may get concessions from some schools as per their reservation policy.
Structure of CTET Exam
There are two papers for CTET i.e Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Paper 1 is meant to recruit the teachers for classes 1st to 5th.
- Paper 2 is meant to recruit the teachers for classes 6th to 8th.
- All questions asked in the CTET exam are Multiple Choice Questions(MCQ) with four alternatives out of which one answer is most appropriate.
- Each question carries 1 mark.
- There is no negative marking in CTET Exam.
- There are total 150 questions.
- These 150 questions are divided into 5 sections. (Child pedagogy, Language 1, Language 2, Pedagogy 1, Pedagogy 2)
- Each section consists of 30 questions.
- All the sections are mandatory.
- Time allotted to attempt 150 questions is 2hr 30 minutes.
Note: A person who intends to be a teacher for both the levels (classes 1st to 5th and classes 6th to 8th) will have to appear for both the papers (Paper 1 and Paper 2).
CTET Exam Structure Paper 1
Paper 1 (Classes 1st to 5th)
Questions will be based on the topics prescribed in syllabus i.e NCERT Class 1st to 5th but difficulty standard could be up to secondary stage.
|Sr. No.||Subject||Number of questions||Marks||Focus||Duration|
|1||Child development and pedagogy||30||30||Understanding characteristics and needs of diverse learners, interaction with learners, qualities of a good facilitator, Child psychology and their pedagogy||150 minutes|
|2||Language 1(compulsory)||30||30||Proficiencies related to the medium of instructions. Language understanding and Pedagogy|
|3||Language 2(compulsory)||30||30||Elements of language, communication and comprehension abilities, Language understanding and Pedagogy|
|4||Mathematics||30||30||Problem solving abilities, understanding the concepts, Subject Pedagogy|
|5||Environmental Studies||30||30||Interaction between humans and environment, real world problems , Subject Pedagogy|
CTET Exam Structure Paper 2
Paper 2 (Classes 6th to 8th)
Questions will be based on the topics prescribed in syllabus i.e NCERT Class 6th to 8th but difficulty standard could be up to senior secondary stage.
|Sr. No.||Subject||Number of Questions||Marks||Focus||Duration|
|1||Child Development and Pedagogy||30||30||Understanding characteristics and needs of diverse learners, interaction with learners, qualities of a good facilitator,Child psychology and their pedagogy||150 minutes|
|2||Language 1(compulsory)||30||30||Proficiencies related to the medium of instructions, Subject Pedagogy|
|3||Language 2(compulsory)||30||30||Elements of language, communication and comprehension abilities, Subject Pedagogy|
|4||Mathematics and Science OR Social Studies and Social Science||60||60||Problem solving abilities, understanding the concepts, Subject Pedagogy|
(A candidate may choose any one language as Language 1 and other as Language 2 from the available language options and will be required to specify the same in the Confirmation Page. Language 2 will be a language other than Language 1)
Language of the CTET Question Paper:
Language for the question paper for the CTET Exam is bilingual (two languages). Each question is given in two languages. CTET Exam .The CTET Exam has held in the following Languages: So, we providing other language CTET Previous Year Question Papers:
Validity Period of CTET Certificate
- The validity of CTET qualifying certificate will be seven years from the date of declaration of its result for all categories.
- There is no restriction on the number of attempts a person can take for acquiring a CTET certificate.
- The already qualified candidates may appear again for improving their scores.
You may also like to read :