CTET Exam Selection Process 2021: Central Board Of Secondary Education (CBSE), Delhi has conducted the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) every year. CTET Exam is conducted twice a year. A candidate can qualify CTET Exam by scoring 60 % or more marks in the written exam. CTET is a central level qualifying examination for students who want to adopt the teaching profession as their career. CTET is basically a qualifying examination in nature, after qualifying it candidates become eligible to apply for the government teaching job. CTET 2021 notification to be out soon on the official website. Here, we are providing you with the facts related to the CTET validity of the certificate and the selection process.
Note-> All the candidates who may note that qualifying for the CTET exam would not apply for any govt. recruitment/employment exam as it is only one of the eligibility criteria for the teaching appointment process.
CTET Selection Process 2021: Highlights
|Exam Name||CTET (Central Teacher Eligibility Test)|
|Exam Frequency||Twice a year|
|Exam Duration||150 minutes|
|Language||English and Hindi|
CTET Selection Process 2021
Here, some general rules to be eligible for CTET Exam are listed below.
- Candidates have to qualify CTET written exam.
- To qualify for the written exam, candidates should score a minimum of 60% or above.
- Candidates must also meet the minimum eligibility criteria on the basis of qualifying the CTET paper.
- Persons belonging to SC/ST, OBC, differently-abled persons, etc. may get concessions from some schools as per their reservation policy.
- Candidates have to go through the complete selection procedure of the govt authority which conducts the written examination for the respective teaching posts
- Candidates who do not qualify for the CTET exam can appear for it again as many times as they want
CTET 2021: Certificate Validity
- The validity of the CTET qualifying certificate has been extended from seven years to lifetime for all categories.
- There is no restriction on the number of attempts a person can take for acquiring a CTET certificate.
- The already qualified candidates may appear again for improving their scores.
CTET 2021: CUT OFF Marks
For the General category, Candidates who score 60% marks in the examination will be considered qualified. Here we are sharing the category wise CTET Cut Off marks:
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentage||Passing Marks|
|General||60%||90 Out Of 150|
|OBC/SC/ST||55%||82 Out Of 150|
CTET 2021: Exam Structure
There are two papers for CTET i.e Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Paper 1 is meant to recruit the teachers for classes from 1st to 5th.
- Paper 2 is meant to recruit the teachers for classes 6th to 8th.
- All questions asked in the CTET exam are Multiple Choice Questions(MCQ) with four alternatives out of which one answer is most appropriate.
- Each question carries 1 mark.
- There is no negative marking in CTET Exam.
- There is a total of 150 questions.
- These 150 questions are divided into 5 sections. (Child pedagogy, Language 1, Language 2, Pedagogy 1, Pedagogy 2)
- Each section consists of 30 questions.
- All the sections are mandatory.
- The time allotted to attempt 150 questions is 2hr 30 minutes.
Note: A person who intends to be a teacher for both the levels (classes 1st to 5th and classes 6th to 8th) will have to appear for both papers (Paper 1 and Paper 2).
CTET 2021 Exam Structure For Paper 1
Paper 1 (Classes 1st to 5th)
Questions will be based on the topics prescribed in the syllabus i.e NCERT Class 1st to 5th but the difficulty standard could be up to the secondary stage.
|Sr. No.||Subject||Number of questions||Marks||Focus||Duration|
|1||Child development and pedagogy||30||30||Understanding characteristics and needs of diverse learners, interaction with learners, qualities of a good facilitator, Child psychology and their pedagogy||150 minutes|
|2||Language 1(compulsory)||30||30||Proficiencies related to the medium of instruction. Language understanding and Pedagogy|
|3||Language 2(compulsory)||30||30||Elements of language, communication and comprehension abilities, Language understanding and Pedagogy|
|4||Mathematics||30||30||Problem-solving abilities, understanding the concepts, Subject Pedagogy|
|5||Environmental Studies||30||30||Interaction between humans and environment, real-world problems, Subject Pedagogy|
CTET 2021 Exam Structure for Paper 2
Paper 2 (Classes 6th to 8th)
Questions will be based on the topics prescribed in the syllabus i.e NCERT Class 6th to 8th but the difficulty standard could be up to the senior secondary stage.
|Sr. No.||Subject||Number of Questions||Marks||Focus||Duration|
|1||Child Development and Pedagogy||30||30||Understanding characteristics and needs of diverse learners, interaction with learners, qualities of a good facilitator, Child psychology and their pedagogy||150 minutes|
|2||Language 1(compulsory)||30||30||Proficiencies related to the medium of instructions, Subject Pedagogy|
|3||Language 2(compulsory)||30||30||Elements of language, communication and comprehension abilities, Subject Pedagogy|
|4||Mathematics and Science OR Social Studies and Social Science||60||60||Problem-solving abilities, understanding the concepts, Subject Pedagogy|
(A candidate may choose any one language as Language 1 and other as Language 2 from the available language options and will be required to specify the same in the Confirmation Page. Language 2 will be a language other than Language 1)
Language of the CTET Question Paper
The language for the question paper for the CTET Exam is bilingual (two languages). Each question is given in two languages. CTET Exam. The CTET Exam has held in the following Languages: So, we providing other languages CTET Previous Year Question Papers:
FAQ: CTET Selection Process 2021
Q: Who conducts the CTET Selection process?
A: The conducting body for the CTET exam, CBSE conducts the CTET selection process.
Q: What all stages are included in the CTET selection process?
A: CTET selection process mainly includes fulfilling the eligibility criteria, filling the application form, downloading the admit card, appearing for the exam, check the result, and download the mark sheet as well as the eligibility certificate.
Q: What is the minimum CTET score that candidates must secure to qualify for the exam?
A: Candidates must secure a 60 percent or above score in order to qualify for the exam.
Q: What are the minimum CTET eligibility criteria?
A: Candidates must clear Class 12 or graduate along with a professional education diploma/degree.
Q: What is the validity of the CTET eligibility certificate?
A: CTET eligibility certificate is valid for lifetime.
Q: What is the next step after clearing the CTET exam?
A: After clearing the CTET exam, you can download your mark sheet and eligibility certificate from the DigiLocker app, and then you are eligible to apply for various govt. exam