CTET Cut Off 2021: The minimum qualifying marks for the CTET Exam are different for different categories GEN/OBC/SC/ST. General category Candidates who score 60% and above in the CTET 2021 examination will be considered as qualified and candidates who belong to OBC/SC/ST categories need to attain a minimum of 55 per cent marks in CTET 2021 exam. Candidates who are able to score the desired Passing Marks in the CTET Examination are declared as pass in the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET). Check the complete article for the CTET cut-off 2021.
Lakhs Candidates have passed this examination. CBSE has conducted Central Teachers Eligibility Test (CTET) in approx.135 cities across the country. The examination consists of two papers. Paper 1 is meant for the candidates who wish to be teachers for classes 1 to 5 and Paper 2 is meant for the candidates who wish to be teachers for classes 6 to 8. Both the papers are 150 marks each. Those candidates who will score marks equal to or more than 90 will be considered qualified. The number of candidates who appeared every year and qualified is as below:
CTET CUT OFF & Marks: Category Wise
For the General category, Candidates who score 60% marks in the examination will be considered qualified. A good thing for all the appearing candidates is that there is no negative marking for a wrong attempted question.
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentage||Passing Marks|
|General||60%||90 Out Of 150|
|OBC/SC/ST||55%||82 Out Of 150|
How To Check CTET Cut Off 2021?
Candidates can follow the below-mentioned steps to check the cutoff for CTET 2021 exam:
Step 1: Candidate must visit the official website of the CTET exam i.e @ctet.nic.in.
Step 2: Click on the CTET result link.
Step 3: Enter roll number.
Step 4: Click on Submit.
Step 5: Check CTET result and cutoff.
CTET Result Highlights & Previous Year Pass Percentage
|CTET Year||Candidates Appeared||Qualified||Pass Percentage|
|January 2021 Paper 1||12,47,217||4,14,798||33.25%|
|January 2021 Paper 2||11,04,454||2,39,501||21.68%|
|December 2019 Paper 1||14,13,390||2,47,386||17.50%|
|December 2019 Paper 2||9,91,755||2,94,899||29.73%|
|July 2019 Paper 1||13,59,478||2,14,658||15.78%|
|July 2019 Paper 2||10,17,553||1,37,172||13.48%|
|December 2018 Paper 1||10,73,545||1,78,273||16.60%|
|December 2018 Paper 2||8,78,425||1,26,968||14.45%|
|September 2016 Paper 1||1,93,005||26,638||13.8%|
|September 2016 Paper 2||3,86,085||42,928||11.12%|
|February 2015||6,77,554||80,187||11.95 %|
Factors Determining CTET Cutoff
There is a number of factors on which the cut-off of CTET depends. The factors include the following:
- Number of appeared candidates in the CTET Exam
- Minimum qualifying marks for CTET Exam
- Number of registered candidates for CTET Exam
- Difficulty level of the paper
What is the validity of The CTET Certificate?
Scope After Qualifying CTET Exam:
CTET Exam is the Key to apply For Govt. Teaching Job. if you have qualified for this exam with good percentage marks then you have good chances of getting selection in government as well as private schools.
1. Once you qualify for the CTET exam, you are eligible to apply for primary teachers, TGT, and PGT posts in Central Government Schools such as Kendriya Vidyalaya School, DSSSB & Navodaya Samiti Schools.
2. You can also apply for the State level recruitment exam as well.
3. Apart from this, the candidate who clears the CTET Exam is also applied in the reputed private schools, there is high demand over there.
Tips To Crack CTET Exam:
1. Follow your Strategy that you have prepared for yourself. Now, this is the time when you executed and performed in the best possible way in the exam hall.
2. Time management plays a very important role in your exam. Always keep a track of your time and no. of questions attempted. Managing time will be important for the exam, so do not waste your time in any particular questions. For checking your preparation and manage your time during an exam you have to practice more & more.
3. Speed and Accuracy– Keep these two words in mind. For any Competitive exam, Speed and Accuracy plays a very important role. You’ve to maintain both if any of it is not followed you might be caught in blunder. You can’t afford to do a blunder of such magnitude. If you feel that a particular question is taking more time than required, better leave it and move to the next question.
FAQ: CTET Cut Off 2021
Q1. What is the minimum Qualifying Percentage for CTET?
Ans. The minimum Qualifying Percentage for CTET is 60 % for the general category and 55 % for other categories.
Q2.What is the validity of the CTET Certificate?
Ans. The validity of the CTET Certificate is a lifetime.
Q3.My marks in CTET paper 1 are 80 and am from the OBC category. Am I qualified for CTET Paper 1 exam?
Ans.No, You are not qualified. The minimum passing mark for the OBC Category candidate is 82 or 55%.
Q4.I am an SC category candidate and applied for CTET Exam from the General category. What are my passing marks criteria for the CTET exam?
Ans. The minimum passing mark for the General category is 90 out of 150.
Q5.Is CTET Paper 2 qualified candidate apply for the TGT post?
Ans. Yes, he can apply but it will also depend on recruitment eligibility criteria.
You May Also Like To Read:
- CTET Study Plan 2021
- CTET 2021 Exam Pattern & Syllabus For Paper 1 and 2
- Important Topics for CTET 2021 July Exam
- How to Crack CTET in First Attempt?