Senior Secondary class is main footstep on the way of child career selection. Teaching is most popular and prominent career opportunity for those candidates who want to teach other students and CTET is the main way to achieve your success in teaching field. CTET is eligibility criteria for applying teaching jobs.
Want to apply for CTET?
CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) is going to conduct CTET exam and its Full form is Central Teacher Eligibility Test. This is an eligibility qualification exam that is crucial for those aspirants who want to secure their teaching job in any Government school.
The candidate interested in applying for CTET should clear minimum eligibility criteria. Candidates should have passed senior secondary with at least 50% marks and should hold a professional degree i.e B.ed or D.ed or B.el.ed degree. Thus, if you are only 12th pass out, then you can apply for the primary stage of the CTET exam after completing a 2-year diploma in Elementary Education.
Highlights of CTET Exam :
|Type of Exam||Teachers Eligibility Test|
|Level of Exam||Central Level|
|Mode of Application||Online Mode|
|Mode of Exam||Offline Mode|
|Duration of Exam||2 Hours 30 Min (Each Paper)|
|Date of Exam||Notified Later|
Is B. Ed. compulsory to appear in the CTET examination?
There are two papers of CTET, namely; Paper I and Paper II, which have different eligibility criteria.
- If you want to become a teacher for classes I to V, then you need to clear CTET Paper I.
- If you want to become a teacher for classes VI to VIII, then you need to clear CTET Paper-II.
If you want to become a teacher for class I to V, then B. Ed. is not compulsory. However, you need to complete your senior secondary education with at least 50% marks and appearing or passed in the final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education for applying in CTET.
However, if you want to become a teacher for class VI to VIII, then you have to apply for CTET Paper II. The main requirement for appearing in Paper-II is the qualification of B. Ed. Even if you have completed your Master’s qualification, then also you have to complete B. Ed. degree to become eligible for the CTET exam.
Age Limit for CTET eligibility
Though there is no age restriction to appear for the CTET exam, you can still apply at 18 years. Moreover, there is no upper age limit for applying in the CTET exam. Candidates who are pursuing any of the teacher education courses which are recognized by NCTE are also eligible to appear in CTET.
Primary Stage Requirements- CTET Eligibility Requirements
Class 12th with at least 45% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2- year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known)
OR Class 12th with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4- year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.EI.Ed).
OR Graduation with at least 50% marks and Bachelor of Education (B.Ed).
- CTET Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2021 – Check Here
- CTET Cut off Marks 2021: Check Passing and Qualifying Marks
- CTET Timetable 2021
- CTET Previous Year Question paper
Elementary Stage Requirements- CTET Eligibility Requirements
- Graduation and passed or appearing in final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known).
- OR Graduation with at least 45% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed).
- OR Class 12th with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4- year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.EI.Ed) or B.A/B.Sc.Ed or B.A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed.
- OR Graduation with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year B.Ed. (Special Education).
- OR Any candidate having qualified B.Ed. Programme recognized by the NCTE is eligible to appear in TET/CTET
The minimum requirement to appear in the CTET exam is to have passed the senior secondary exam with minimum 50% marks and B.Ed. degree. Moreover, the candidate who meets all the eligibility requirements for appearing in CTET can apply for the exam a number of times.
Tips To Crack CTET Exam:
1. Follow your Strategy that you have prepared for yourself. Now, this is the time when you executed and performed in the best possible way in the exam hall.
2. Time management plays a very important role in your exam. Always keep a track of your time and no. of questions attempted. Managing time will be important for the exam, so do not waste your time in any particular questions. For checking your preparation and manage your time during an exam you have to practice more & more.
3. Speed and Accuracy– Keep these two words in mind. For any Competitive exam, Speed and Accuracy plays a very important role. You’ve to maintain both if any of it is not followed you might be caught in blunder. You can’t afford to do a blunder of such magnitude. If you feel that a particular question is taking more time than required, better leave it and move to the next question.
4. Remember there is No Negative marking so just relax & attempt each and every question. The most important things that work in an examination are accuracy. Try to give your 100%
5. Be confident in the work you did to prepare for the race. Take a look at your training logs to remind yourself that you’ve done everything possible to prepare. The race is the fun part where you get to see the hard work pay off. Enjoy it.
You May also Like To Read:
- CTET Study Plan 2020
- CTET 2020 Exam Pattern : CTET Syllabus For Paper 1 and 2
- Important Topics for CTET 2020 July Exam
- How to Crack CTET in First Attempt?