DSSSB PRT Study Notes: Delhi Subordinate Staff Selection Board (DSSSB) is going to conduct the most prestigious exam in the field of government teaching jobs this year 2021. As DSSSB released more than 12000 teaching vacancies i.e. TGT, PRT post, students had already started preparing hard for this exam. Teaching Aptitude & methodology is a big topic for the DSSSB PRT exam which contains 100 questions for 100 marks. This topic contains teaching strategy, teaching methodology, learning principles, application-based questions and classroom management, etc. Here we are going to learn with Teaching Study notes for better preparation.
Are You Preparing For DSSSB Exam? Grab This Opportunity Now. ENROLL NOW
Attitude Values and Interest
- Meaning and Definition of Attitude : –
An attitude is a variable which directly observed, but it is inferred from overt behaviour both verbal and non – verbal responses. In more objective term the concept of attitude may be said to connote response tendency with regard to certain categories of stimuli. In actual practice the term ‘attitude’ has been most frequently associated with emotionally toned responses. The deep rooted feelings are the attitudes which cannot be changed easily.
“An attitude is defined as a tendency to react in certain way toward a designated class of stimuli or an object‖.
Opinion and Attitude : –
Opinion is sometimes differentiated from attitude, but the proposed distinctions are neither consistent nor logically defensible. More often the two terms are used interchangeable but psychologically these two terms are altogether different.
- Attitude of an individual is generally very rigid it cannot be easily changed, but opinion can be revised or changed easily.
- Attitude of an individual can be graded easily but opinion cannot be graded, the opinions are usually in the form of yes or no.
- Attitude of individual is considered as human trait or important variable, is measured by rating scales. Opinion is not considered as trait or variable, is areas concern. Opinion air is the tool to call the opinion of the individuals polling.
- How an individual feel or what he believes is his attitude, but difficult to measure and describe. We have to depend for his attitude, what the individual says as to his beliefs and feelings. Really the expression is the opinion. Total opinion forms an attitude.
- The term opinion is used more often is refer to judgments and knowledge, where as the term ‘attitude‘ is more connotative of belongs, feelings and preferences.
- The opinions are usually verifiable than attitudes.
Practice DSSSB Exam with Study Plan
- Practice Teaching Methodology Quiz with DSSSB Study Plan
- DSSSB Study Plan 2021: Study Material For DSSSB TGT & PRT Exam
Meaning and Definition of Values : –
The term ‘value‘ is more sociological concept. The values fall in the realm of ethics, economics, aesthetics and religion. They exist as they are experienced in human minds and translated into human actions. The value determines the direction of human actions. Thus values are the significant determinant for individual differences. The values are related to feelings and beliefs of an individual which are deep rooted.
The value is defined in terms of sentiments and emotions likes and dislikes etc.
“Values seem to reside in the objects just as truly as do colour, smell temperature size and shape”.
C.E.M. Joad (1942)
- Characteristics of values : –
The following are the characteristics of value –
- It is the satisfaction of human wants.
- It is the psychological needs of a person.
- It is a generalized and that guides individual behavior and it is an organized ends.
- It is an outcome of human choices among the competitive human interest.
- It is the psychic – energy invested in the personality of an individual.
- It is the real determinant of human behavior and relationship between subject and object.
- It is socially approved desires and goals, and experiences of life which guides the actions and behavior are known as values.
- Test of Values : –
A test of values, in contrast to one of attitudes, claims to measure generalized and dominant interests. The study of values (Allport and others), is based upon six categories of values, as classified by spranger (type of men). The items are intended to measure the relative prominence of the subject‘s interests, for the purpose of classifying his values. The six categories of values are –
- Theoretical values
- Economic values
- Aesthetic values
- Social values
- Political values and
- Religions values
According to this classification –
- The dominant interest of the theoretical man is discovery of truth.
- The economic is interested in what is useful for him.
- The aesthetic values form and harmonize most.
- The highest value the social type is love of people.
- The political man is interested primarily in power, and
- The religious man places the highest value on unity.
Download PDFs for DSSSB Exam Preparation:
- Important Topic Wise 300 Teaching Aptitude Questions for DSSSB PRT Exam
- SCORE Booster 500 MCQ Series For DSSSB Exam [Part A]: 100/100 अंक पक्के: Download FREE PDF
- Previous Year Paper For All Teaching Exam: Download Free Question Paper PDF
- DSSSB PRT Question Paper 2021: Topic Wise Distribution of Questions
- DSSSB PRT Teaching Aptitude & Study Material 2021: Download here
Interest is the integral part of one‘s personality. It is an acquired trait from the environment. Personality is a wider term including all the psycho – physical dispositions, behaviours, views, Interests and attitudes of an individual. Adjustment has some relevance with interests. According to Kelly, interests of an individual really important information about the make – up of his personality. Interests are one of the determinants of the individual differences.
- Definition of Interest : –
The following are some important definitions of the term interest.
An interest is a tendency to become absorbed in an experience and to continue it”.
– Bingham, W.V.
- The following are the main characteristics of Interest : –
- Interests are not necessarily related to ability or aptitude.
- Interest can be hereditary as well as acquired from environment, through the interests are mainly acquired.
- Interests are fairly stable, cannot be changed easily.
- Interests of an individual resemble with his parents or family interests.
- Interests are the aspects of personality of an individual.
- Interests are related to aptitudes and achievements.
Measurement of Interest : –
There are various methods and tools of measuring personality such as observation, interview, check list questionnaire and inventories.
The following are most popular interest inventories –
- Strong Vocational Interest Blank by E.K. Strong
- Kuder Preference Record, and
- Occupational Interest Inventory.