1.Consider the following statements—
1. Sundarbans delta is a very large mangrove forest.
2. Sundarbans delta lies at the mouth of Ganga’s.
3. Sundarbans National Park has been recognized as a World Heritage site.
Which of the statements given above are correct ?
(A) 1 and 2 only
(B) 2 and 3 only
(C) 1 and 3 only
(D) 1, 2 and 3 only
2.Hunter Valley coalfields is situated in—
3. In which state is the Dhupgarh peak located ?
(C) Madhya Pradesh
4.Which one of the following Himalayan passes was reopened around in the middle of the year 2006 to facilitate trade between India and China ?
(A) Chang La
(C) Nathu La
5.Which of the following is used for earthquake related information ?
(A) Geiger – Muller counter
(C) Aneroid barometer
6.The equipment ‘Parshall Flume’ is used to measure—
(A) Soil moisture content
(B) Ground water level
(C) Irrigation water
(D) None of the above
7.Indravati National Park is a national park located in which state?
8.Which one of the following Countries make border with Black Sea?
(D) All of the above
9. What is Gulf-Stream ?
(A) A cold current in the Pacific Ocean
(B) A cold current in the Atlantic Ocean
(C) A warm current in the Pacific Ocean
(D) A warm current in the Atlantic Ocean
10. Which one of the following is known as the great circle ?
(B) Tropic of capricorn
(C) Tropic of cancer
(D) Arctic circle