1.Which country falls in all three natural regions Hot desert, Mediterranean and Cool temperate type of climate ?
(d)None of the above
2.Which vegetation is called natural cattle country ?
3.Which one of the following deserts is famous for its deposits of nitrates ?
4. Tropical deciduous or monsoonal forests occur in :
(a) Siberia, Alaska, USA, Canada
(b) New Zealand, Spain, Portugal, France
(c) Netherlands, Russia, Norway, UK
(d) Burma, India, Thailand, Brazil
5.Postaz are temperate grassland in :
(b) South Africa
6. Deciduous trees are those :
(a) that grow up straight
(b) that grow plenty in dry places
(c) that never bear fruits
(d) that shed their leaves during a certain season
7. Which of the following natural regions is not found in the Torrid Zone ?
(a) Equatorial forests
(b) Monsoon regions
(c) Temperate deserts
(d) Tropical grasslands
8. Match the following :
Mineral Producing Area
A. Iron ore 1.Arkansas
B. Copper 2. Cuba
C. Aluminium 3. Kazakhstan
D. Nickel 4 .Krivoy Rog.
A B C D
(a) 1 2 4 3
(b) 1 3 4 2
(c) 4 2 1 3
(d) 4 3 1 2
9. Long treeless grassy palms are characteristics of
10. The Mediterranean lands are often called the Worlds:
(a) grazing lands
(b) forest lands
(c) orchard lands
(d) paddy lands