1.The receptors for bitter taste are located at which part of tongue?
(a) Base of tongue
(b) Tip of tongue
(c) Posterior median part of the tongue
(d) The edges of tongue
2. How do marine animals survive in water without air contact?
(a) They do not require any oxygen
(b) They take oxygen from water
(c) They only produce oxygen in their body
(d) They get oxygen from water plants
3.During meiosis, the disjunction of chromosomes can be seen in stage
(a) Meta-phase I
(b) Meta-phase II
(c) Ana-phase I
(d) Ana-phase II
4. Pituitary has been described as the master gland and its hormones govern other endocrine glands. But which of the following glands does not come under its influence?
(a) Thyroid gland
(b) Adrenal gland
5. Which of the following is the cause of suffering of aged people from joint pains?
(a) Overproduction of synovial fluids
(b) Drying up of synovial fluids
(c) Presence of more osteocytes
(d) Absence of osteocytes
6. The vitamin which is generally excreted by humans in urine is
(a) vitamin A
(b) vitamin D
(c) vitamin C
(d) vitamin E
7. Which of the following hormones is involved in the formation and maturation of RBCs?
8. Consider the following statements
I. The cervical ribs in the Giraffe are seven only
II. All mammals have only seven cervical ribs.
III.The long neck of the Camel is due to elongation of cervical ribs.
IV. The long neck of the Giraffe is due to increase in the number of cervical ribs.
Which of the statements given above are correct?”
(a) II, III and IV
(b) II and III
(c) I, II and III
(d) All of these
9. The largest amount of physical and chemical molecules present in the cells is
(d) nucleic acids
10. The mad-cow disease in cattle is caused by