1) “Consider the following statements with reference to X-rays
I.They produce heat when absorbed by matter.
II.They are generated when fast moving electron strike a metal target.
III.They can penetrate through a thin sheet of aluminium. Which of the following statements given above are correct?.”
(a) I, II and III
(b) I and II
(c) I and III
(d) II and III
2) “Select the correct answer “
(a) two satellites moving the same circular orbit have the same angular momentum
(b) two satellites moving the same circular orbit have the same mass
(c) two satellites moving the same circular orbit have the same energy
(d) two satellites moving the same circular orbit have the same force
3) “Soap helps in the cleaning of clothes because “
(a) It reduces surface tension
(b) It increases surface tension
(c) It absorbs the dirt
(d) Of some other reason
4) “Which waves are used in sonography?. “
(b) Sound waves
(c) Infrared waves
(d) Ultrasonic waves
5)What will happen if the star having mass greater than five times of the Sun is dead?.
(a) White dwarf will form
(b) Neutron star will form
(c) Black hole will form
(d) Nebula will form
6) Modern movie songs released are the best in quality of sound. The rich quality of sound is due to which one of the following?.
(a) A note of high frequency
(b) A note of high amplitude
(c) Consists many harmonics
(d) Consists the fundamental frequency
7) “Which one of the following statements is correct?.A slab of ice kept in a room,”
(a) does not radiate heat
(b) does not radiate heat but absorbs heat from the surrounding
(c) radiate heat but absorbs more heat from the surrounding
(d) radiate heat more than that absorbed by it from the surrounding
8) “When the matter is cooled to very low temperature, it will form “
9) “Which of the following cannot be emitted by radioactive substances during their decay? “
10) Two identical piano wires have same fundamental frequency when kept under the same tension. What will happen if tension of one of the wires id slightly increased and both the wires are made to vibrate simultaneously?.
(d) Non-linear effects